MVHS Attendance Office
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Students may order a certificate of attendance through their MyPaymentsPlus account. The cost is $3.00 and there is a two (2) day turn around for this information. The completed certificate can be picked up by the student in the attendance office
State Attendance Rule 160-5-11.10 states that students will be excused from school under the following circumstances.
1. Personal illness or attendance in school endangering a student's health or the health of others.
2. A serious illness or death in a student's immediate family necessitating absence from school.
3. A court order or an order by a government agency, including pre-induction physical examinations for service in armed forces, mandating absence from school.
4. Observing religious holidays, necessitating absence from school.
5. Conditions rendering attendance impossible or hazardous to student health or safety.
6. A period not to exceed one day is allowed, at the discretion of the local unit of administration, for registering to vote or voting in a public election.
7. Visiting with a parent or legal guardian prior to or during leave from deployment to a combat zone or combat support posting as a member of the armed forces of the United States or the National Guard (maximum of five school days per year).
* Students may have only ten (10) absences per year excused with a note from a parent.
** Any reasons for absences not listed above will be unexcused.
All students are expected to be at school and in their classes on time before the tardy bell rings. At the beginning of the school day, students are tardy to school after 7:20 a.m.
1. Students should report directly to the Attendance Office when arriving late to school.
2. Students should bring a note from a parent and/or guardian indicating the reason for the late arrival. Include a phone number of the parent and/or guardian for verification. After ten (10) parent notes for tardies and/or absences, students must bring a doctor's note or the tardies and/or absences will be unexcused. For any forgotten note, the student will have one (1) day to bring it in. Please Note: Appropriate consequences will be given for any unexcused tardies.
3. Attendance personnel will classify the tardy as excused or unexcused and issue a pass to class.
All students are allowed six (6) unexcused tardies without penalty per semester. Once a student reaches the limit of six (6), the following consequences will be issued:
1st - 6th unexcused tardies - warning
7th unexcused tardy - silent lunch (CAVE)
8th unexcused tardy and any additional unexcused tardies*